Raspberry Cheesecake



















Yesterday it was time for a Raspberry Cheesecake. Cause I'd been out in the garden picking raspberries. I've adapted Junior's recipe (a famous New-York deli) and just dropped in some berries at the end. Actually I dropped in to many berries and I crushed some of them as well. DON'T DO THAT. It just tastes to much of raspberry, and is to acidic. I've you need a base just make your regular cheesecake base of digestives or whatever. Juniors use a spongy-type base, but I've never tried it out.

Adapted from "Junior's Cheesecake Book"
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Filling

  1. 450g cream cheese
  2. 166g Sugar
  3. (1/8 cup cornstarch) ¨# Optional
  4. Half 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
  5. 1 Egg extra-large eggs
  6. 90g heavy cream
And then 10-20 Rasberries.

Just whip the cream cheese and sugar, then add the egg and cream. Don't overbeat. Bake for about 1 hour at 165C until set, and golden brown on top. Depending on the size of the cake tin the baking time could be much less, and it might set before it's browned (that's fine!).

Comments

Popular Posts